Thursday, May 7, 2009

Where I'm Headed

I am heading to New Orleans this June where I will be participating in a photo essay class with some of my peers. While in New Orleans I will be constructing a photographic essay of my time there. During my trip I hope to document many aspects of the bayou culture. Among my exploits I plan to gain a more in depth knowledge of Cajun and Creole cultural differences.
I plan to photograph bayous surrounding, but not limited to, New Orleans. I also plan to venture to Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi to visit some close family relatives. My aunt and uncle both have a cajun heritage that I plan to explore more thoroughly. My family also has Creole heritage, although not as dominant as the Cajun background.
I do not have a concrete plan for my trip, but I hope to take part in many cultural activities during the duration of my stay, such as Cajun festivals and bayou river tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment